- Advise clients on tax implications and re-structure assets to minimize tax liabilities before applying for Green Card, obtaining a work permit to work in the US or even planning to stay in the US on a long term basis.
- Advise clients (both residing in the US and outside the US) on the available options following client’s discovery of his/her failure to comply with US tax laws which includes failure to:
- file US tax returns;
- disclose foreign assets or foreign bank account; and/or
- report foreign earned income.
- Assist clients in determining whether client has satisfied the Substantial Presence Test and is treated as a US person for tax purposes and how to resolve client’s failure to comply with US tax laws.
- Advise clients on the tax implications of owning foreign assets as a US person for tax purposes.
- Advise and assist clients in resolving any issues or notices by the Internal Revenue Service and the Franchise Tax Board.
- Advise clients on the tax implications of giving up their US citizenship or Green Card and to minimize the tax liabilities following termination of the US citizenship or Green Card.
- Advise clients on the tax implications of receiving and making gifts.
- Advise clients on the best structure to acquire US real property in order to minimize tax implications.
- Obtain, maintain and reinstate tax-exempt status of non-profit entities
- Advise clients on the tax implications of receiving restituted properties which were previously seized by foreign governments.
- Establish and maintain corporate entities with the purpose of having a tax efficient structure.
- Assist clients in obtaining the necessary permits and licenses to conduct its business.
- Prepare joint venture or shareholders agreement amongst business partner to achieve a common goal.
- Prepare agreements relating to the sale and purchase of stocks and assets of private entities.
- Negotiate, draft and review general commercial contracts.
- Advise clients on general corporate matters pertaining to their business.
- Prepare estate planning documents which includes trusts, wills, advance healthcare directive and power of attorney.
- Assist clients in transferring assets into trusts.