For four years prior to establishing her firm, Tiffany Heah Li Yew worked at a boutique international transaction and tax law firm in Los Angeles. Previously, Tiffany worked as a corporate attorney in Malaysia for eight years, almost three years was spent at a Baker & McKenzie affiliate. She has a breadth of experience handling corporate advisory work and a wide variety of transactions, such as:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Initial offerings for both publicly and privately traded equity funds
- Purchase agreements for real property
She has represented individuals and companies – both foreign and domestic – on inbound and outbound transactions. She also advises individuals on a variety of tax matters ranging from compliance to structuring.
Her experience enables her to conceive and develop commercial transactions with tax structures that are both commercially viable and efficient.
- External General Counsel: For clients in various industries ranging from cosmetics, restaurants, retail to consultancy.
- Structuring Business Transactions: Transactions ranging from acquisition of a winery to investment in a California beverage company.
- Business Entity Creation: With a focus on creating entities to own and manage investment portfolios and assets in the United States and abroad.
- Estate Planning: Ranging from creating living trusts and pour-over wills to transfers of real and personal property into the trust while avoiding remittance basis costs.
- Tax Implication Counseling: For a wide-variety of transactions, including inbound or outbound investments, and even encompassing unforeseen and accidental events like restitution of foreign seized assets or discovery that a nonresident alien became a tax resident of the United States.
- Tax Compliance Counseling: Assisted clients following inadvertent failure to file prescribed forms regarding foreign bank accounts or business assets and receipt of a foreign gift or inheritance by preparing Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program applications.
- Non-Profits: Formed non-profit entities and obtained tax-exempt status from both Federal and State tax authorities.
- California Lawyers Association – International Law and Immigration Section: Secretary (2017 – 2019), Vice Chair (2019 – Present)
- State Bar of California – International Law Section: Executive Committee (2016)
- Antelope Valley Chamber of Commerce: Director (2020 – Present)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association – Taxation Section: Executive Committee, (2014 – 2015)
- AARP Tax-Aide Volunteer (2015 – 2019)
- California (2013)
- Malaysia (2004)
- University of Southern California (LL.M.) (2012)
- King’s College London, United Kingdom (LL.B.) (2002)
- University of London (External Program) (1999)